A quick, healthy, midweek meal in just 25 minutes
If you’re looking for a tasty, quick meat-free meal, then try this creamy mushroom and spinach recipe.
- SERVES: 2
- COOK TIME: 20 mins
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- IDEAL FOR: midweek meal, vegetarian
- BUDGET: £
This is a super easy, recipe from BBC Good Food and perfect when you’re wanting a nice meal but no fuss.
Creamy mushroom & spinach pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g baby mushrooms, halved
- 150g tagliatelle
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g low-fat crème fraîche
- 15g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, grated
- 120g baby spinach
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and fry the onion and mushrooms for 10 mins, or until softened and browned slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following the pack instructions.
- Add the garlic to the pan with the mushrooms and cook for 2 mins more. Tip in the crème fraîche and parmesan, stir to combine, then add the baby spinach. Set aside.
- Remove the pasta from the heat and drain, reserving 25ml of the water. Toss the pasta in the creamy mushroom sauce, put back on the heat, and cook over a low heat until the spinach wilts, about 5 mins.
- Pour in enough of the reserved water to loosen slightly.
- Season with black pepper and finish with a sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional).
For more vegetarian dishes, visit here.