A quick meat-free Monday meal or tasty side dish
My love for beans continues with this super fast butter beans with ricotta and lemon dish.
- SERVES: 2 -3
- PREP/COOK TIME: less than 10 mins
- IDEAL FOR: meat-free Monday, midweek meal, side dish
Butter beans with ricotta and lemon recipe
This literally takes less than 10 minutes to pull together
So, what can be better than that?
I don’t normally push products but if you can, I highly recommend using Bold Beans
(This is where I found this recipe).
Now, they aren’t cheap (approx. £4 for a large 700g jar).
But, you do get more for your money than with tinned butter beans (and I do also have loads of tinned beans in my cupboard).
These Queen butter beans are the main element of your dish so think of it as a very cheap steak replacement.
Rather than expensive beans.
btw, in their recipe, they also add pesto but I hate pesto (unless it’s homemade, which when I’m in rush, isn’t going t happen).
However, you can add it in for a bit more of a punchy flavour.
- 1 x 700g jar of Queen Butter Beans (or 2 x 400g tins)
- 250g ricotta cheese (refrigerated)
- 1 large lemon (juice + zest)
- Pesto (if you like it)
- Olive Oil
- Drain out about half of the liquid from the butter beans and pour the rest into a frying pan. Gently warm through over low heat.
- Spoon the beans onto your serving plate and dollop over the ricotta cheese. Grate over the zest of half a lemon and a squeeze of its juice.
- (add some pesto) then finish with some cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
For butter beans with entrecote steak, visit here