A delicious way to elevate your next Sunday roast carrots
I love these honey-roasted carrots with harissa and sumac chickpeas.
And I can guarantee you will too.
- SERVES: 4
- PREP TIME: 5 mins
- COOK TIME: 30 – 40 mins
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- IDEAL FOR: side dish, Sunday roast carrots
Honey-roasted carrots with harissa and sumac chickpeas
Perfectly sweet, honey-roasted carrots with crispy, creamy chickpeas.
And a lovely little hit of sumac that balances the sweetness with its tangy, citrus flavours.
- 8 carrots, cut in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 700g jar large chickpeas (or 2 x 400g tins), drained
- 2 tsp rose harissa
- 1 pinch of sumac
- Place carrots on a baking tray with the honey, 2 tbsp of oil + a large pinch of salt.
- Mix well and roast at 200℃ for 30 mins.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas then pat them dry with a tea towel.
- Mix with 1 tbsp oil, the harissa, a pinch of sumac, and a pinch of salt.
- Remove your carrots from the oven, flip them over and push to the side to make room for the chickpeas.
- Spread out your chickpeas to give them room to crisp up then pop them back into the oven for another 15 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden and a bit crispy.
Recipe inspired by: BoldBeans
Check out some more great side dish ideas, here