A simple, quick vegetarian dish with a sprinkle of curry powder to give it a twist
So if you need a quick dish but want maximum flavour then try this India spiced tomato and creamy mozzarella galette.
You won’t be disappointed.
- PREP TIME: 5 -10 mins
- COOK TIME: 25 mins
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- IDEAL FOR: quick meal, meat-free, family, snack
India spiced tomato, onion and creamy mozzarella galette
- 1 store-bought shortcrust or puff pastry
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less, depending on your heat preference)
- 4 medium to large ripe tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/3 cup red onion slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Place grease-proof baking paper on a baking tray.
- Take the pastry and roll it out into approx. 30 cm oval/circle.
- In a medium bowl combine mozzarella, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise and red pepper flakes.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the dough leaving about a 3 – 4 cm border.
- Place the tomato slices on top of the cheese and sprinkle them with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Lay the red onion slices on top then fold the exposed border of dough toward the centre and drizzle the top with olive oil.
- Next, take the egg and brush the border.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 mins or until the crust is golden brown.
Recipe inspired by: The Curious Plate
If you want another great veggie pastry dish, try confit tomato tarte tartin