Cold and refreshing, it’s perfect for a hot summer day
This cold cucumber soup is super easy to make.
You just blend and chill!
This chilled cucumber soup recipe is a delicious summer starter or side dish.
Fresh herbs, Greek yoghurt, and lemon juice make it bright, creamy, and refreshing.
Plus, it’s gluten-free!
Cold cucumber soup
- 6 cucumbers, thinly sliced, reserve a few slices for garnish
- 1½ cups plain whole-milk Greek yoghurt
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mint, dill, or chives, for garnish
- In a blender, combine the cucumbers, yoghurt, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, garlic, salt, honey, and several grinds of pepper and blend until smooth.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with the reserved cucumber slices, fresh herbs, drizzles of olive oil, and freshly ground black pepper.
If you would like some more ideas on starters for summer al fresco dining.
Then check out these recipe ideas, here.