Quickfire midweek beef taco bake recipe
This easy beef taco bake is perfect for a tasty midweek meal,
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOKING TIME: 1.5 – 2 hrs – slow cooking so no stress
IDEAL FOR: one-pot meal, family, crowd-pleaser
Here’s a great, tasty midweek meal I tried from one of my favourite foodie magazines – Delicious magazine
The family gave it a big ‘thumbs-up’,
Homemade fajita seasoning
If you have a spice cupboard then you can make your own seasoning for this dish.
- ½ tbsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tbsp dried oregano
Mix them altogether… et voila!
Want more Mexican inspired meals, check out my post for baked chicken enchiladas.
Or a great snack or side is spicy corn on the cob
What’s your favourite Mexican inspired dish? Leave a comment…
Beef Taco Bake
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 kg beef stewing steak, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions, sliced (or I used white)
- 2 mixed sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 – 3 tbsp fajita seasoning (or make your own with your spice cupboard)
- 2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 300 ml l chicken stock or water
- Juice 2 oranges
- 198 g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 3 tortilla wraps, cut into triangles + an extra to place on the rack to toast
- 50 g cheddar, grated
- Fresh coriander and lime wedges to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Heat the oil in the casserole dish over high heat.
- Add the meat, onions and peppers.
- Fry for 5 mins, then stir in the fajita seasoning and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the tomatoes & stock/water.
- Bring to the boil, then cover the casserole dish & transfer to the oven.
- Cook for 1½ – 2 hrs, stirring halfway through, until the meat falls apart easily.
- Remove from the oven & stir, breaking up the meat.
- Stir in the orange juice & sweetcorn, then top with the tortilla triangles.
- Scatter with the cheese, return to the oven for 10 mins until the tortilla pieces are golden and the cheese has melted.Place the extra triangles in the oven on the rack to toast – keep an eye on them.Serve topped with coriander and crush the extra toasted triangles over top.