A little touch of decadence for a tasty, quick midweek meal
Why not add some luxury to your midweek meal with sausage and saffron macaroni.
- SERVES: 4
- COOK TIME: 25 mins
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- IDEAL FOR: midweek meal, easy meal
- BUDGET: £
Sausage and saffron macaroni
Adding some luxurious saffron adds depth of flavour and gives your midweek meal a touch of decadence.
- 350 g of macaroni
- 200 g of high-welfare pork sausage
- 1/2 cup of cream or creme fraiche
- 1 sachet of saffron (0.15 – 0.125 grams)
- Grana Padano cheese, grated
- extra-virgin olive oil
- For the sauce: Break up the sausage and form into small balls. Brown the sausage balls in a frying pan with 1 Tbsp. oil for around 5 minutes.
- Pour off the fat and add the cream. Bring to a boil then add salt, pepper and saffron.
- Cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and transfer directly to the saucepan.
- Sauté everything together for less than one minute and serve with a sprinkling of Grana Padano cheese.
Recipe: La Cucina Italiana
If you want more quick, tasty pasta dishes, visit here.