A vegetarian midweek meal with a touch of indulgence.
This tasty vegetarian creamy mascarpone vegetarian pie is a recipe from Riverford.
- SERVES: 4
- PREP TIME: 30 mins
- COOKING TIME: 30 mins
- IDEAL FOR: midweek meal, family, meat-free
- DIFFICULTY: easy
This veggie pie is packed full of veggies with Italian flavours.
It’s a great family or midweek meal dish.
And if you want to be an efficient cook, you can even make a batch and freeze it for ease.
Creamy mascarpone vegetarian pie
- 1kg red potatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- x 2 courgettes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 400 g tin cannellini beans
- 20g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp bouillon powder
- 250g mascarpone
- 4 tbsp green pesto
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 50g butter
- 50 g Italian-style cheese, grated
- Preheat your over to 190℃/Gas 5.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and carrots into 2cm chunks and add to a large pan of water (with a pinch of salt). Boil for approx. 10 mins, or until tender.
- Thinly slice the onion and dice the peppers and courgette into 2-3cm pieces. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Drain the cannellini beans. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil to medium heat. Stir-fry the onion, pepper, courgette, and sun-dried tomatoes for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
- Into the veg, stir the cannellini beans. Add the bouillon, mascarpone, pesto, 1 tbsp of plain flour, and 200 ml of water. Season.
- Stir on low-medium heat for 2 mins. Take the pan off the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and carrots, add some butter, and mash. Season to taste.
- Tip the veg into a baking dish. Spread over the mash. Scatter over the Italian cheese.
- Bake for approx. 15 mins, until golden.
For more vegetarian dishes, visit here.