A fantastic fresh, zingy summer salad
This wonderful butter bean salad with a tomato vinaigrette salad is ideal for summer.
- SERVES: 4
- PREP TIME: 10 mins + (if you can) marinade the beans the night before in the vinaigrette
- COOK TIME: 10 mins
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- IDEAL FOR: summer BBQ’s, light lunch, meat-free dish
Butter bean salad with a tomato vinaigrette
This salad is a knock out with the star of the show being the tomato vinaigrette.
So, if you can make this the day before so the beans can marinate for longer.
Then you’ll get an even more outstanding dish.
But if you’re short of time (like most of us).
Then marinading the beans for 20 mins will do the trick.
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 300g cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Sea Salt
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 x 660g jar of large butter beans (or the normal size is fine as well)
- Bunch of basil
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 900g of tomatoes (if you can use heirloom tomatoes or mix cherry and large tomatoes)
- Vinaigrette: Blend cherry tomatoes then transfer to a small bowl and stir in garlic, vinegar, and ⅓ cup oil; season with salt. Let sit 15–20 mins, then take out the garlic.
- Butter beans: Drain the butter beans and put them in a medium bowl and add the vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Add salt if needed.
- Tomatoes for the salad: Slice, your tomatoes and arrange them on a platter.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Presentation: Spoon beans over and add the vinaigrette over; scatter the basil to garnish and a few pinches of red pepper flakes.
Recipe inspired by: Bon Appetit
If you want more ideas for summer salads, check out 4 favourite summer salads